This is my first time being a part of a Blog Hop! You can click the button below to go back to the Blog Hoppin' Website, and hop around to other blogs sharing in Teacher Week '13.
Monday is "Let's Talk About Me! ~ Meet the Teacher", so here are 10 random facts about ME! :)
2. I am married to a third grade teacher at my school. We met playing in a golf tournament against each other. When we met, he was finishing his degree and I was already teaching. We got really lucky to have him get hired at my school! We love it here! :)
3. I coach the Varsity girls golf team in the spring! I have played golf since I was old enough to drive the cart, and all the way through college. I am still close friends with the girls I played with at UND, and I love playing the sport. I don't have enough time to play it like I used to, which can be frustrating!
4. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch. I love college hockey and the Minnesota Wild. I also like the Chicago Blackhawks (mostly because Jonathon Toews is their captain, and he played for UND). I joke that hockey is the only thing I like about winter, but that's only partly true. Our winters are long and cold here in Minnesota! My husband is also a basketball coach. Basketball season happens to be the same time as hockey season.... we might have a problem in the future!
5. I think I was made to teach. I can't imagine doing anything else in the whole world. My mom was my kindergarten teacher, and I knew since then I wanted to teach! My dad was my music teacher from grade 5 until I graduated high school.
6. I have a chevron obsession. Anyone who knows me knows I love everything chevron. Lots of people this summer have sent me pictures of items with chevron print and told me "thought of you right away!" My classroom this year is a dog theme with lots of chevron, polka dots, and buntings! I love it!
7. I drink a lot of coffee! My kids at school ask me why I like coffee so much, and I tell them I drink it so I can keep up with them! Last year we were graphing our favorite foods, and I asked my kids what they thought my favorite food was. One boy raised his hand and said, "That's easy, Mrs. Delzer, it's COFFEE!" I laughed until I had tears streaming down my face. My town doesn't have a Starbucks, but I have a Keurig and I brew up Starbucks Blonde coffee every morning. Getting to a real Starbucks is a treat for this girl!
8. I have a sister that is a real life CSI. She gets to live in the most beautiful city in the world: Bend, Oregon. She will tell you her job is nothing like the TV show, and not everything is solved with the blessed blue light! I think Tori and I are a lot alike, but I would not last 5 minutes at her job! She's the peanut butter to my jelly, and I love her lots!
9. I like to shop. A LOT. I love going to Grand Forks or Fargo with my friends to shop for clothes and my classroom especially. My favorite store is Kittson. It's a cute little boutique with lots of unique clothes. I have bought a lot of chevron there! :)
10. I've turned into a little crafter this summer! I love making projects from "junk" that turn out very shabby chic! I've made lots of wedding gifts, projects for my classroom, and wall hangings for my house this summer. My latest project was glitter clothespins!
There's my 10! If you're a teacher blogger like me, link up and introduce yourself! I love all my new friends I have made through blogging this summer! Thanks for reading all about me and visiting my blog! :)