"Technology is the air they breathe." -Marc Prensky
Having iPads in our classroom is a huge responsibility, and before the students were allowed to use them, they had to pass the egg test! Of course, the students also made the iPad rules and signed them like a contract.
To find out more about the egg test, or incorporate the egg test in your classroom, you can watch our movie trailer here:
If you decide to do the egg test, be prepared for some cracked eggs! That's the true beauty of this whole project. Each time an egg breaks, be sure to talk about what happened and how to improve. Make it a teachable moment!
Here are some things we learned:
1. Don't take your egg out of the cup. You wouldn't take your iPad out of the case.
2. Don't leave your egg or iPad on the edge of a table.
3. Carry your egg or iPad with two hands!
4. Don't run with your egg or iPad.
5. When walking in the hallway with your egg, look where you are walking and not at the egg or iPad!
6. Be gentle!
7. Carry one thing at a time! Don't try to carry your iPad with anything else.
8. Above all, IF YOU CAN CRACK AN EGG, YOU CAN CRACK AN IPAD! :)
Thanks for visiting our blog! We are looking forward to sharing many more posts about our iPads this year.