On February 7, I had the fabulous opportunity to be interviewed by Sheila Jane Teaching! This video is the product of a spunky, charismatic West Coast girl and a passionate, technology-infusing Midwest girl. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it!
Sheila recently launched her brand new website for teachers that is completely centered around helping teachers teach happy, live happy, and be happy. Sheila exudes happiness and positivity, and so does her website. Teachers: go check it out and consider getting the VIP membership. You won't regret it. I am so honored to have been interviewed by her. She has interviewed Greg Smedley from Kindergarten Smorgasboard, Amanda Nickerson from One Extra Degree, Christina DeCarbo from Sugar and Spice, need I say more???? Not to mention, she interviewed my best friend and queen of interactive notebooks Angie Olson last year. You can follow her You Tube channel to make sure you don't miss any of this goodness. An interview with One Fab Teacher, Miss May, will be live in March. She is truly fabulous and you will want to make sure you watch her interview! She has some great videos on Classroom Decorations, Classroom Tours, Organizing Student Work, and more!
- Be sure to visit George Couros' blog, and follow him on Twitter @gcouros. I've said it before, but George has been the single biggest influence on me as a professional and educator. If you have a few more minutes, watch his TEDx Talk too. I promise you won't be disappointed.
- You can read more about the Great Egg Test by reading my blog post and watching our movie trailer here.
- Learn more about Remind and how you can start incorporating it in your classrooms to keep the learning and conversations going at home.
- We have made several movies and trailers using iMovie. It is hands down one of my favorite apps for student creation. Here's the link to my blog video newsletters. And, here's the link to our Hobey Baker campaign for our friend and UND hockey goalie Zane McIntyre.
- If you're interested in incorporating the Audioboom app to improve your students' reading fluency, you can read my teacher tutorial on EdSurge.com.
- Here's a great resource about the Explain Everything app. And, here's an Explain Everything video a student made this year. She took a picture of a problem in her math book, and demonstrated her understanding using the app. We know speaking, listening, and explaining understandings are huge in the common core. This app helps teachers and students bridge that gap.
- Here's everything you need to get Kahooting!
- Interested in learning more about the SAMR model? Kathy Shrock is an excellent resource for you!